Wood flooring is becoming the floor covering of choice, it is renewable and recyclable, it can be easily cleaned and cared for, it does not collect dirt and particles that may have negative health effects. With the right care and maintenance, wood flooring can easily last the lifetime of a home.
The most common question we get from our customers is “how should I care for my floor?” Here are a few maintenance tips from Artisan Hardwood Floors:
- Normal maintenance for wood flooring is sweeping and vacuuming. This should be done regularly, you can use a dust mop but do not use any dust treatments, as this may dull the finish.
- Clean your wood floors using lightly dampened cloth using a recommended cleaning product.
- Never damp mop a floor, as water deteriorates the wood itself and it can cause damage to the finish.
- Clean stains by using a damp cloth. In all cases, use minimum amounts of water, avoid using mops or cloths that leave excessive water on the floor and never leave spills of water dry on the floor.
- Humidity levels are very important. Wood flooring performs best between 30% and 50% humidity. Control humidity levels by using a humidifier or dehumidifier, whichever the case may be.
For any further questions or info feel free to call Artisan Hardwood Floors at 775-830-4243 or email email@example.com.